Sunday, February 03, 2008

Eleanora's Lozenge

I think it's ironic that communicating a piece of a knitting pattern has got me posting on my dormant blog. What a strange world we live in.

Anyway here is the pattern: This is the section titled Eleanora's Lozenge in Ms Melinda Strehl's pattern for the Eleanora of Toledo Stockings. It is part of the turnover/flap section.

12 sts and 12 rounds rep.
Round 1: *p1, k3, yo, k2 tog, yo, ssk, k2, p2 rep from* around
Round 2: *p2, k7, p3 rep from* around
Round 3: *p3, k5, k1 rep from* around
Round 4: *k1, p3, k3, p3, k2 rep from* around
Round 5: *k2, p3, k1, p3,k1, yo, k2 tog rep from* around
Round 6: *yo, ssk, k1, p5, k4 rep from* around
Round 7: *k4, p3, k3, yo, k2 tog rep from* around
Round 8: *yo, ssk, k1, p5, k4 rep from* around
Round 9: *k2, p3, k1, p3, k3 rep from* around
Round 10: *k1, p3, k3, p3, k2 rep from* around
Round 11: *p3, k5, p3, k1 rep from* around
Round 12: *p2, k2, yo, k2 tog, yo, ssk, k1, p3 rep from* around

This works up to be a pretty fancy panel in the 2 repeats. I personally dislike ssk so substituted k2 tog for them whenever they occurred. the difference in slant was just not apparant to my eye on such a small scale in such a busy pattern. You may think differently. Recently I've improved at doing ssk so if I were doing this pattern again I might just do it as written.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Pat,

I finally got around to doing a test knit on this pattern.

I found a mistake in round 3. it should read p3, k5, p3, k1. The second purl 3 is missing.

It does knit up nicely, and I like it better than the first pattern I used, but I'm still mulling it over. I appreciate you posting it.

Giovanna