Sunday, February 13, 2005

Busy Sunday

Sundays are especially busy this Feb. It started when I agreed to teach a Self defense series on 3 sunday afternoons in Feb. At that time I figured who would be planning more stuff in Feb. Well I suppose I'm not the only one who thought that & theres been a major Aikido seminar (for Tsunami relief) and today a seminar on Taichi's Martial applications. I get to go to both but leave early to meet with the Self Defense class. Now I need to make certificates for the students as it's the last session in the series.

This self defense class is pretty basic escape stuff. I think of it as a first aid course. Red cross will teach you how to assess a situation and phone for help. Maybe begin CPR. but first aid is not a subsitute for medical school. Self defense classes are about the same on a Martial Arts level. They can introduce concepts and actions that ought to help so you can get away and call for help. They are better than being clueless.

Til later

No comments: