Friday, February 25, 2005

Quiet Day/frustration

It's another quiet Friday. Husband is off skiing, this time with 2 daughters. It's nice to see family solidarity.

Why am I not skiing too? several reasons, not the least of which is I'm not at all sure that I still fit in my ski pants. My rear end seems to have expanded out of all expectations this year. I have added weight but all of it seems to be in my butt. Also, my knees have finally recovered from jan'04's bad cold & ski experience and I'm not too keen on damaging them again. I like my knees. I like doing things that use them heavily, ie Aikido, jiujitsu, tai chi, walking getting up & down the stairs in my house etc. Third, it's good to have someone answering the phones for the Vet. business. I may not be able to send him out today but I can make appts for other days and listen to updates and take notes on who needs refills and so on. Finally, I hate to miss my Taichi class on Friday afternoon. It's only once a week but I do enjoy it.

Just because I'm home alone is no reason to be bored. I have a large needlework project underway, a good book to read, grocery shopping to do and a new computer (newish) to play games on.

What's the frustrating part. well I went with husband and another couple to see the Gates last Sat and wrote a cool assesment of them but it got lost in edit somewhere and I can't find it to post it. Will need to post immediately now & in the future.

No comments: