Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wed. - Comfort

1: Have pity on me, O God, in your mercy; out of a full heart, take away my sin.
2: Let all my wrongdoing be washed away, and make me clean from evil.

Todays scripture is the whole 51st Psalm. The first 2 lines set the tone. It's hard to admit that your own actions and thoughts can be wrongheaded. After all we know how we got to them and how justified they are. When I take a step back and look at things more objectively I can see how what I do or say or don't do can be making other peoples lives harder. Or even less joyful. No matter how hard I try though I still need forgiveness for what I can't manage. It reminds me of Zenos paradox. Each time you get half way to the goal but you never reach it because you only get half of the remaining distance each step. Forgiveness fills the last half.

No comments: