Monday, March 01, 2010

Monday- A Bargain

36: Be full of pity, even as your Father is full of pity.
37: Be not judges of others, and you will not be judged: do not give punishment to others, and you will not get punishment yourselves: make others free, and you will be made free:
38: Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, crushed down, full and running over, they will give to you. For in the same measure as you give, it will be given to you again. Luke 6

Another favorite quote. Challenging. We are back to getting what we give out. It's easy to want things but sometimes hard to give the mercy, the care, the goods and non-judgemental attitudes. I try, I really do at times. Other times I just can't be bothered. It's a little like my never ending quest for a 'healthy' weight. I usually try to be moderate but I get so frustrated at times that I just don't care what I eat. It's all of a piece. It's hard to be consistent.

No comments: