Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tuesday - Each & Every Time

21: Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22: Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matthew 18


This idea that we need to forgive each other is really persistent. After all, it can get tiring, all that forgiving. sooner or later I want to say enough! Just do what your supposed to already. Most of the time I go along and deal with whatever people have done or not done and get over it. But it's very tempting to get mad at people who miss deadlines, forget appointments etc. (can you tell it's been a frustrating registration season? & it's about to start all over)

Back to forgiving, the Bible is very much for it. So are the psychologists funny enough. Holding on to grudges, giving the anger or frustration 'space in your head' sort of takes up room for better things. Peace, fun, relaxation, harmony. None of these are really available when one is all tied up with anger and grudges.

No comments: