Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Where I left off

Picking up where I left things last Thursday. There's been good and bad.

GOOD - Brownies enjoyed playing with the water music glasses. Didn't even make much mess. For those unfamilar with the concept here's a description. Take a dozen tall matching water glasses. Leave one empty. Fill each of the others with progressive quantities of water. ie 1 oz in glass 2, 2 oz in glass 3, 3 oz in glass 4 etc untill you run out of glasses or room in the glasses. As many tall drinking glasses hold about 12 oz of liquid a dozen glasses gives you a reasonable range. Once the water is in the glasses you sound them by tapping them on the side with some object like a pencil. They will each sound different and if you have arranged them from most filled to least filled you get a sort of musical scale. Sounds a bit like windchimes or a xylephone. As I said the Brownies enjoyed them. Set went home with 2 sisters will switch people this week.

BAD - Replaced the zipper on the ski jacket then found that it still did not fit. This meant a trip to get a new one. Ended up with a men's jacket. GRRRRR. The women's jackets that fit were only for looks, no technical features backed zips etc. Men with 48" hips it seems are expected to ski and such while women of the same size are sidlined by lack of equipment. I know I just GOT equipment but the men's sizing is still too long in the arms and big in the shoulders. It will work but it's still a patch.

This leads to the solution. I've got no contorl over who manufactures what but I have some control over the dimensions of my hips. I'm starting the reversal by drinking at least 48 oz of water daily and setting the timer to move around at least every 30 min during the day. This should allow me to metabolize my food intake more effeciently and to keep the metabolisim working through the day. Mind you I'm still training 6/7 days a week in either Aikido of TaiChi but that is activity that my system is all too accustomed to.

Thurs I go on vacation to a CO ski resort. I'll get a mixture of activities that's different but I'll keep up the water and moving. When I come back I'm thinking of adding green tea extract to my daily intake.

Don't know what will happen to blogging on vacation. It will depend on internet access as well as time & motivation. I will be looking for all of these.

Books: Finished "Just One More Day" sweet, a little sappy but wirth the time. Reminded me a lot of Thornton Wilders "Our Town" similar message. Appreciate your ordinary days. They are limited. Started "Conversations with God" very wierd so far. Set up as if there were an actual conversation going on. A very loopy conversation at that. We'll see how it goes. May get listed as just one of those odd books that you read. Need to get something lite for vacation reading and the plane.

No comments: