Thursday, September 25, 2008

16 days where did they go?

It seems like just a couple of days ago I was blogging about the non-event tropical storm. Here we are with a non named storm on the way that looks to be worse.

A few things have happened I suppose to make the weeks fly by.

This afternoon is the 3rd meeting of the girls scout troop I lead with my sister-in-law K. The girls are all in 4th grade this year and impressed with themselves as sooo much more grown up than last year when they were Brownies. We are doing things a little differently too. We are going to Badge workshops with only the girls who are interested in that particular one rather than bring the whole group everywhere whether they are interested or not. We will see how that works in the next few weeks. The worst case scenario is that it turns out that all 14 want to go to both workshops this month. Then we need more transport as well as more funds. The other new thing is that the girls are fixing their new vests themselves instead of just sending home all the stuff to the parents. We hover over the irons but they are working at it too. Takes time but that's one of the things we are here for.

On the Aikido front there is a new early morning class. 5:30-6:30 on Thursdays. It's a bit of a challenge to get up early on Thurs as well as Tues for Tai Chi. I think it's worth it though. It looks like I will attend 10+ classes this month. So I am on track for a Shodon test by the time I'm 60!

Last Sat I went to an SCA event and joined in the tournament and had fun. Got a few new bruises and possibly handed out 1 or 2.

The computer has worked well for seeing the offspring of 2 generations. The babies sit on the Mommies laps and 'chat' while the toddlers run in & out of the camera view. Web chats are not as fulfilling as in person but they are a lot better than nothing. At least no one needs to travel.

On knitting. I finally finished the brown socks for P. Next time I consider a pattern I will check to make sure that it is not more than 2/3 pearl stitches. They are handsome and take almost exactly 50 grams of wool each. If I find the camera I'll post a pic in the next day or so.

With luck I'll post again in less that 16 days. Less to catch up on that way.

No comments: