Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Whose life is boring?

New Year New effort at Blogging (I know it's Sept. It's a personal quirk)

Circumstances have rolled around so that my blog is in front of my face. It's been some time now that I've maintained that my daughter should post regularly to her blog even when she thinks her life is boring. I don't think her life is boring and neither do lots of people around the world who read her blog.

It's time to take my own advice.

August was a weird month of vacation and travel. Good things but far from my usual active schedule. I haven't practiced Aikido in weeks and only done a bit of Tai Chi. Even Sca fighting has been off the schedule since Aug 8. With the new month I'm back to my regular schedule.

Yesterday early AM I was at TaiChi again and tonight is an Aikido class. I look forward to practice again even tho I dread the getting up to speed physically after a 6 week break.

Thursday should be fight practice. The armor is all cleaned up from Pennsic. No mold allowed!

Friday is my birthday. Tai Chi and family party.

J has started back to classes and S has started back to teaching.

Next week is the first Junior Girl Scout Troop meeting of the year. A bakers dozen girls. I look forward to what we will be doing this year. They are all so much more grown up than when we started.

What else, books - I just finished reading a book that ought to re-write the history of global exploration. 1421- the Year the Chinese Discovered America by Gavin Menzies. Check out the story on www.1421.tv it is amazing.

Also knitting - almost done on the Mother part of the Mother-Son set of bamboo socks. I'm working with a toe up pattern. Its better than the previous one that used an afterthought spiral heel but it's not perfect. Will do a few more in the pattern before I make a final assessment. After all B needs a pair to go with T & S's only a different color.

I'm also looking at knitted beads. The originals look crocheted but they ought to knit Ok they may want felting. I'll try.

That about wraps it up for now. I'll tackle politics and world events another day.

No comments: