Saturday, September 27, 2008

Debate Snoozer

Well after all the hoopla about a presidential debate I sat down to watch it with four people in the room.

15 min later 3 of us were napping.

Now they had good reason to nod off. They had all had a hard day out in the wind and rain running a sailing regatta. It was warm and dry inside and they were tired. But still you would think that with 2 such candidates, each controversial in their own ways that they would have managed to keep motivated people AWAKE for their debate.

NOT.

The candidates were mostly polite, occasionally showed annoyance at each other and sort of answered the questions. They didn't really answer the hard questions, either of them. They had very similar answers to some of the questions and resorted to (politely) calling each other names. (naive, etc)

Overall, I'm slightly more inclined to vote for McCain after watching 90 min of the two of them or maybe I'm slightly less inclined to vote for Obama. It's still an open question for me although I don't know why I'm worrying about it NY hasn't voted anything but Dem. for several elections now and it doesn't look to be changing now.

No comments: