Friday, September 05, 2008

Just another day (almost)

As birthday's go this one is shaping up to me a nice quiet one.

With all the travelling and social stuff this summer 'ordinary time' has been in short supply and I appreciate a day of it. Here I am at home covering the work phones. Sorting out a billing issue and making time to blog.

This afternoon I have a Tai Chi class and this evening I expect much of my local family to come by and help me eat cake and drink wine. Not too bad. I guess I'll at least talk to each of my daughters and J is planning to cook dinner. I think gourmet hamburgers are on the menu.

I've finished the pair of socks for S and started B's ones. I wonder if B would like it if little C had a similar pair to his? Maybe B's Mom would have some insight.

Lovely roses came from S for my birthday. They look good and have recovered from their very warm trip in the Fedex van.

Went to Aikido wed eve, Good to be on the mat again but had enough muscle reaction by Thurs to postpone fight practice Thurs night.

The weekend is full of boat stuff. I plan to Aikido Sat am and help with the Catboat regatta dinner in the evening. Sunday is a Pursuit race if the weather permits. then we start another week.


Til next time

No comments: