Sunday, September 28, 2008

Knitting Production



I've been working on several sets of socks lately and have reached a picture point. About 200 grams of wool are bent into shape here. Don't ask about the time it took to do it. The blue ones were quick and the brown ones slow

The pinwheel is a set of socks worked from the toe up for my daughter, my self and two of her sons. The third son already has his. They match the red socks. I've gotten to know this particular toe-up pattern pretty well now and it's ok. I'm not sure that the ankle shaping is as elegant as most of the top down patterns but you can't have everything I suppose.

The other picture is of a pair of socks made for my husband. He has very long feet so to get a pair of socks from 100 grams of fingering weight wool I need to make the leg part a little shorter than usual. This was a good thing as while the pattern is good looking and stretchy it is composed of 2/3 pearl stitches so takes a long time to accomplish. Here they are in all their sober brown glory

No comments: